By John Maxwell
A visionary, forward thinking leaders are made, not born.
Level #1. POSITION- Rights
- Fokus orang yang beroperasi di level 1 adalah mempertahankan posisi/jabatan. Bangga dengan jumlah pengikut / staff (tanpa banyak memberi nilai tambah dalam hidup mereka).
- People follow because the have to.
- Pelajaran: Gunakan level 1 sebegai strating point = kesempatan mengembangkan kepemimpinan anda. Mulai mengembangkan nilai-nilai dan habits / working practices.
Level #2: PERMISSION – Relationships
- Shifting your focus from yourself to other; akibatnya: positive relationships and a pleasant environment; boost energy level and foster an enjoyable workplace.
- People follow because the want to.
- Pelajaran: add value to people around you and treat them accordingly; Practice a positive mode of communication
Level #3: PRODUCTION – Result
- A good team needs a leader to chart the course to success.
- People follow because of what you have done for the organization.
The best way to produce result is to build an effective team:
- You need to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your team members.
- Have a big picture and chart a course toward the final destination.
“The job of a leader is to build a complementary team, where every strength is made effective and each weakness is made irrelevant.”
- Leading by Example: capitalizing on your victories to build momentum.
- Producing positive result is uplifting, and it will motivate your team to produce even better results.
“Nothing build self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.”
“Momentum is every leader best friend: it amplifies good results and nullifies bad ones.”
Level #4. PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT – Reproduction
- People follow because of what you have done for them.
- Successful companies focus on improving their people: giving them room to learn and grow.
Level #5 PINNACLE – respect
- People follow because of who you are and what you represent.
- It’s crucial to create a culture of leadership within the organization and empower team member to become leaders themselves.
- How? Include them in the managerial process, allowing them to partake in key decisions.
- Developing future laders: creating fellow leaders who can act autonomously and also grow new leaders will effectively reproduce your work to infinity.
- The greatest sources of personal fulfillment.