#1. Have a passion to build a healthy church
Let go the ambitions for power and ambition to be famous (Luke 22: 24-27).
Building a healthy culture :
- Begins with determining the values we believe in; then we build practices that are according to the values over time, it becomes a CULTURE.
- Be the culture
- Celebrate when somebody do things inline with our values; and we need to tell people when they do things that are not aligned with the culture we are building.
It’s a PROCESS: Continuous Improvement
Why is it important? Because anything that is healthy will grow.
#2. Love the people genuinely
- Don’t “love” because what they can do for us.
- There is a difference between leadership and manipulation.
- Leadership: the focus is the people, building their lives.
- Manipulation: for the benefit of the “leader”
#3. Don’t be lazy to keep learning and equip yourself.
- John Maxwell says when you stop learning you stop leading.
- There are resources other there available for you in internet / youtube
- Invest in yourself
#4. Build good character and personality:
- Charisma can bring you to the top, but character will keep you from falling (Zig Ziglar).
- Live a high principled life.
- Perfection is putting a high standard on others.
- Excellency is setting a high standard on yourself.
- Character: is who you are in front of people and when no one knows you.
- Personality : how you relate with others.
Why character and personality important? It attracts people to you or send people away from you.
#5. Build a sense of security
- You need to know your strength and your weakness; and because of that we need other leaders to lead together with us.
- Don’t get involved in the game of comparing yourself and competition with other leaders.
- When Saul became jealous of David because of the women who praised David’s accomplishment. Saul should have rejoiced because he found a successor, but what happened was that Saul wanted to get rid of David.
- Be a gracious leader.
#6. Build a healthy marriage and family.
- Make it a priority
- 1Tim.3:5 if a man does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?
- Our family should be an example.
#7. Build relationship and communication skills (one-to-one, teaching, preaching)
- It is an important skills for leaders
- Sharpening your skills
- My advice to you: ”KEEP IT (OUR LIFE AND LEADERSHIP) SIMPLE. “
Don’t do unnecessary and stupid things that will lead us to problems.
- Learns to manage finances well, build a humble and trustworthy character, don’t bring yourself to fall into an affair, don’t like to gossip.